Thursday 17 July 2014

What I've Done: Not the Linkin Park Song


I've just started Pre-production for my next big(gish) short film and I am about to launch the Kickstarter Campaign that I plan fund the film with. Because of that I thought I'd talk about my filmography so far so you can get an idea of what I can do. Now there are few videos I'm not including here as they don't really show what I can do as a filmmaker or were rather compromised because of things out of my control (and like all pretentious film nerds I consider myself an auteur).

Youtube Channel: JOProductions77
Facebook Page: J.O. Productions
Twitter: JoshOchoa77

When Life Gives You Lemons: Watch Here!
When life gives you lemons is what I consider my first short film. This was the first film I made after I decided I wanted to be a filmmaker and learnt how to really use a camera and other filming equipment. Unfortunately the mixer we were using screwed up our audio which is rather bad but still understandable. I have actually recently recorded some ADR and am considering making a new cut which I also intend to redo the colour grade for (I just have to find the time first).
Ps - This is the first of my Yellow Blood series which will be a group of shorts connected by the fact that they prominently feature something yellow and have blood involved in them.

It Could Happen To You: Watch Here!
'It could happen to you' was actually made for a Film Riot challenge. If you don't know who Film Riot is you really need to check these guys out HERE! I did this with some friends one afternoon after we did some pick ups for the next film on this list. Also, all the audio used was from a Royalty Free sound pack and not recorded on location; I just wanted to see if I could make it work without sound from set.

Just Business: Watch here!
Just Business is a short film I made back in 2012 for my second year of University. The actors are all friends because the original actors I cast dropped out last minute. The script isn't that great because I literally wrote this to be made at my house because I didn't have a car at the time but I really love what I was able to do with it visually and with only $120. Also the push-pull that opens the film is probably the best shot in any of my films.

One More Ben - Rich and Famous: Watch Here!
Ben Karklins is a friend of mine and I enjoy his music; you can check him out here! One day he said, "Grab your camera and let's go to the beach." So we did; we found a spot, he played and I filmed. The current version online doesn't have the updated audio mix I've done but it's still good anyway.



Pacmotion - Black Pac Man: Watch Here!
As you get to know me you will discover (all too well) my love for stop-motion animation. I love it and at one point was planning a five minute stop-motion short (unfortunately it requires a lot of time, money and resources). One day while waiting for a video to render at uni with my camera, I decided to have some fun. Using a chair for a tripod I spent quite a lot of time making this very very short short film.


Mate: Watch Here!
Mate was directed by a good friend of mine; he is actually the lead in Just Business. I was the director of photography and really liked my cinematography on it; I got to use a RED Scarlett which was really great. It's a fun comedy short that makes you chuckle more than laugh out loud but I enjoy it and had fun making it.
Ps- Believe it or not, one of the actors has a broken leg in the fight scene.

Paper Scissors STOP: Watch here!
Having not directed a short for almost a year I began planning to make my biggest film yet. Half the crew I would be using had no experience so I made this short as a filmmaking lesson for them. This is a rather off-beat comedy that riffs off a game we all know; it is also the second entry in the 'Yellow Blood' series. I really like this film and how it turned out.


STDs - Science Talks with Daniel: Watch Here!
Watch Promo!
Hugs not drug is the first episode of a webseries I was planning to make. We were planning to continue and get ideas from viewers but unfortunately they didn't give any suggestions and I couldn't come up with ideas for other episodes; I actually did have one but forgot before I could write it down. Feel free to give suggestions!


Soul: Watch Trailer Here!
Soul is the biggest film I've done so far and I am really proud of it and like how it turned out. With this short I stripped away most of my style to tell a very meaningful story and this is the type of filmmaking I want to do more of. I'm currently trying to get it into festivals so it's not on youtube but you will be able to see it if you pledge to the Kickstarter campaign of my upcoming short film Glimmer.


How They Do Things In Movies: Watch Episode 1 Here!
Bloopers!
'How they do things in movies' is a new webseries I've started making where I riff off common movie tropes and clichés. I've had a lot of fun making these so far and should have the second episode up tomorrow (Friday the 17th of July). I hope you enjoy it and also watch the bloopers. Also feel free to give us some ideas as well.


That is my main filmography so far and I hope you check it out and enjoy. Let me know what you think of the videos and I hope you can help support my new short film Glimmer which I'll be writing a post about on Monday when I launch the Kickstarter campaign. Thank you for reading and watching and keep an eye out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment